I thought I would give it a whirl today. I had nothing to lose. So I picked up a few items I would need at Sprouts, and here it what became of my bravery!
1. Added 1 cup of fresh Basil to the Ninja. I could kick myself for not buying the really fresh plants they had 2 for 5 today. C'est la Vie.
2. I then did a 1/2 cup of roasted pine nuts. Pine Nuts are not cheap, but most nuts are not! However you can substitute walnuts for the pine nuts, and it will also make the recipe more adaptable for the 21 Day Fix meal plan, and other meal plans with Beachbody work outs.
While the pine nuts were roasting, I added these to the Ninja:
3. 2 Tablespoons of minced garlic. We LOVE garlic!
4. Ok, the cajun in me did not measure the amount of this, so I will say, add to your liking!
5. 2/3 of a cup of Walden Farms Alfredo Sauce. If you are not familiar with these products please check out the website! They can be great for additions and flavors without the calories/fat/sugar!
Again this was for me to remember to post for yall the correct amount.
6. I didn't measure this either. I did measure out a lil under 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt and added that to the mix.
7. I added one teaspoon of EVOO. This whole mix would probably make 6 servings of veggies measuring with the 1 cup 21 day fix container, so you could use the same amount if doing 21 day fix.
8. Add the roasted Pine Nuts to Ninja and Ninja Mix! VIOLA
9. I spiralized some zucchini for noodles. You could also do chayote/ mirliton. Another option is Banza pasta! I ended up with 3 servings after sauteing with sprayed EVOO and 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt.
10. I used about half of my mixture I made ( I"d say it was approx 2/3 a cup at the most... a lil bit pesto goes a long way)
I still have enough left to make 3 more servings of the zoodles/pesto!
Lunch for today and 2 more meals for later!
Hope this helped you or inspired you to try something new!